Teen Advisory Council
Join the Teen Advisory Council and Learn about Empowerment!
Opportunities for Teens to plug in and participate in bringing social and personal development series to South Lake county.
Set yourself up for Success!
Thrive Clermont is a nonprofit resource organization promoting physical, mental and emotional wellness for teens through life skills and enrichment programming. We are seeking motivated teenagers from the Lake County area to serve on our 2017 Teen Advisory Council (TAC). The TAC will advise and assist in critical planning and implementation elements of Thrive Clermont’s 2017 Programs and Events for Teens. Planned events include the Teen Summit 2017 as well as two separate program series in development. This is a unique and ongoing volunteer position for teens interested in the planning and execution of a groundbreaking programs for teens in our region.
Selected Teens will possess the following:
- Comfortable working in a group
- A desire to contribute to the organization and the community in positive manner
- Be willing to polish their presentation skills. Public speaking is not a requirement although working in a group setting will enhance ones presentation skills.
- The ability to commit to 2 to 3 hours a month between February and November 2017 for a total commitment of 30+ volunteer hours.
Teen Advisory Council Responsibilities include:
- Review existing ideas for Thrive Clermont’s planned programs and events and provide input and suggestions on topics and instructors
- Serve as Ambassadors within their schools for Thrive Clermont’s 2017 programming and the Teen Summit 2017
- Serve as Social Media Advisors
- Serve as a volunteer leader at the 2017 Teen Summit in Fall 2017